Friday, May 8, 2009

15 Days and counting...

We leave on the 23rd of May to get our sweet boy. We were excited to be able to schedule a long layover in London, so we will get to take a bike tour of the city while we are there. The last week has been fun and stressful, trying to get ready to leave. Our kids are so excited, but a little nervous too. Josiah has a major meltdown on Wed and he told me later "I am just very sad and un-patient for Malachi to come home "....manipulative or self aware? Who knows, but it was sweet. I am "un-patient" too!

As Mother's Day approaches, it is bittersweet...I think about my children and how much delight they bring me. I think back to past mothers days when it was so painful to NOT be a mother. I think about my children's genetic/biological mothers and wonder what that day is like for them. I think about sweet friends who long to be mothers or who have lost children this year. I think about all the moms in my family and in my circle of friends and I am grateful for each one of them. Being a mom is the most difficult thing I have ever done, and I continually pray that my children will grow up saying that I loved them, that I loved their father, and most importantly, that I loved Jesus. There is nothing I want for my kids more than for them to have a relationship with Christ and to become like Him. It is such a blessing to see that happening already- today I was frustrated because the kids were playing in the kitchen and I was trying to get some things done and I spoke to Josiah, but it was not a very nice tone of voice. I was not concerned about their heart, I just wanted them out of the kitchen! Josiah approached me and very sweetly said "mommy, can you try next time to use kind words?" OUCH- but true. I apologized and asked for his forgiveness. He forgave me and said "I know it is hard to remember"- that made me laugh!

So Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and moms in waiting!

5 comments:

Natalie Fournet said...

I love Josiah's reminder to you. Thankful for friends like you and my kids who are always good reminders! Happy Mommy Day to you too!

Kat said...

Brandy, your comments about Mother's Day being bittersweet were really thoughtful and beautiful. Thank you for sharing your thought with us! And safe travels!

Sam said...

Can you email me before you go please?
Samsamh79@gmail.com

Cathy Portele said...

Brandy, I loved this post! it's so true and I must say struggling to become a mother makes this day so much more meaningful:) i'm so excited for you and your family. Malachi is recieving such a precious gift to get you as his mom and come into such a loving, Christian family home. I'm thinking and praying for you guys!

Sparkz said...

I know what you mean. Having a child is the most rewarding and hard job I have ever had. I could see myself doing the same thing in the kitchen! I loved what you wrote about your desires for them b/c mine are the same for my child. It's so hard not to get caught up in the struggles of life and just say something that you don't mean to come out a certain way. What a cute reminder and it sounds like your doing a good job! I think any kid that will stop you and tell you what he did has been brought up well and has a great mom and example! You've taught him and that IS why he stopped you. The other cool thing is that you were willing to admit your mistake. So hard to do! anyway thanks again for your post. Malachi is really cute.