Thursday, April 23, 2009

Orphans in Ethiopia

As we anxiously wait for everything to be finalized with our adoption, we've been tracking this week with Tom Davis of Children's Hope Chest. I've had the privilege of having lunch with Tom and am grateful for his heart, vision, and passion for orphans. He left last week on a vision trip to Ethiopia as they look for more orphanages in need of support and sponsorship and has been posting stories and pictures on his blog all this week. Please take some time to read through a couple of the stories from his trip to better understand the plight of orphans there and the needs both for more families to adopt as well as for followers of Christ to care for orphans. We've not all been called to adoption, but we've all been commanded to care for widows and orphans.

Here are the two posts that have moved me most this week.
http://tomdavis.typepad.com/tom_daviss_blog/2009/04/the-mighty-one-has-done-great-things-for-me.html

http://tomdavis.typepad.com/tom_daviss_blog/2009/04/the-poorest-of-the-poor.html

And I join Tom in praying this morning, "Come, Lord Jesus!"

Jesus said, "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

2 comments:

Unknown said...

rock on bro!! keep pointing people towards helping those in need!

Courtney said...

Man, thanks for that, Wes! I was brought to tears by both of those posts. It's incredible how God works, and it is so amazing that God is working through those precious young people. I am adding that blog to my favorites!!! It is awesome....